Wednesday, October 15, 2014

ARIA Expo Blog Tour, Jessica Metcalf

Mike:  Hi, Jessica.  I’m happy to have yet another Association of Rhode Island Author (ARIA) to introduce to my Overlords fan base.  As with the others, we’re going to do an old fashioned interview.  Here we go!

Mike:  Jessica, please introduce yourself to my Overlords fans with a little information about you and where you’re from.



Jessica: Hi Mike, thank you so much for having me on your blog! I am a Rhode Island girl, born and bred. I have recently published my very first novel this month and am psyched to get the word out to anyone and everyone. I currently live in Cranston with my artist boyfriend and our very artistic cat, Shadow.

Mike:  What are you working on these days and what’s the current status of that project?

Jessica: I am actually working on a sequel to my first novel, “The Last Daughter of Lilith”, it is tentatively titled “Lilith’s Tears” but that could still change. I am in the rough draft stages of it and it’s shaping up to be a very different book from the first.

Mike:  Can you tell the audience what inspires you to write?

Jessica: Life, nature, anything and everything. I have been writing for as long as I can remember and it makes me feel good to put my thoughts and honestly, my soul, on the page for other’s to read and (hopefully) enjoy. I get my inspiration from songs or other writers or from people watching.

Mike:  What genre do you enjoy writing the most?

Jessica: I seem to lean towards Fantasy Fiction - I base it in reality though so that makes it more interesting to me.

Mike:  Any upcoming projects we should now about?

Jessica:  I am hoping to have a short story I wrote recently in a Fantasy anthology, but time will tell on that one and I am hard core into writing this sequel while also marketing “The Last Daughter of Lilith” as much as possible!

Mike:  OK, time for some quick ones, ready?  Favorite movie?

Jessica: Eeek! OK…Um…It’s a tie between “American Beauty” and “American Psycho”

Mike: Favorite food or dish to make?

Jessica: My boyfriend makes the BEST hamburgers!

Mike:  Favorite place you have ever visited?

Jessica:  So far, it would have to be New Orleans.

Mike:  Favorite music band?

Jessica: Oh gosh, it’s always changing but if I have to pick one, David Bowie.

Mike:  Favorite book, and no it can’t be one of yours!

Jessica: Again, I have to go with a tie, Stephen King’s “The Stand” and the 5th Harry Potter Book, “Order of the Phoenix”.

Mike:  Jessica , thanks for being such a good sport!  Is there anything you would like to leave my fans with?

Jessica: Thank you for having me and I’d love to say your fans that I appreciate them reading this and I hope they go out and buy my book (wink wink) but more than anything, I’d like them to know that whatever artistic endeavor they gravitate towards, keep pushing and keeping hustling, your dream WILL come true!

Mike:  Jessica, thanks for being part of this great blog series.  Please follow the links below to get in touch with Jessica and most importantly, buy her books!



Also, I am doing a book signing at a place in Providence, RI, called Symposium Books on October 18th if you wanted to work that in somewhere ;) My book is now available on Amazon and at BarnesandNoble.com.


No comments: